Friday, January 12, 2018

My favorite childhood memory


Being a first generation American, born in this country, I never got to spend quality time with my extended family, especially my grandparents.  Visiting India, where my parents grew up, it was during the summer and winter holidays of my childhood , that sparks many memories of joy and happiness.  Being the oldest kid on both sides of the family, and being the kid from “America”, I was always the center of attention, surrounded by parties, laughter, songs, and just pure love.  It’s this quality and limited family time I experienced there, from cousins, uncles aunts, especially grandparents and even great grandparents, that created this fond memory that will last an eternity.  My fondness of traveling to India as a child has carried with me into my adult working life as I now am building an international business consultancy that bridges US technology companies with Indian ones and vice versa.  I’ve always enjoyed being this bridge between two counties, and I realize now that it stemmed from these childhood memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home