Friday, November 14, 2014

Random encounter with Howard Schultz, CEO, Founder Of Starbucks

Today, we went to see Howard Schultz speak on his new book, "For Love Of Country". We were actually invited to see him by the district manager of San Diego Starbucks branch,  so we did have an agenda to intro him to our product.  My folks got there before me and saw him signing autographs.  As she just stood there, out of the blue, Howard got up and approached her.  "Why are you standing here", he asked smiling.

My mom didn't say anything..in fact she didn't even realize he was talking to her.  Finally, after a bit of trepidation, she said, "I really have not read your book and am here for a personal agenda!  I am just a simple housewife, and I wanted you to try our new organic mango preserve that I made." .  Howard smiled back, and said, "You made it yourself!"...and instantly told her to wait, as he summoned his Exec VP and asked him to absolutely try the product and be in touch with us...

Now that is some seriously good timing :)  I guess honestly pays off!

-Raj


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home