Thursday, January 10, 2013

Reflections 2013, Onward 2013

Reflections:

As I reflect on 2012, a find myself feeling a mixed bag of emotions.In one way, it was the best year of my life. To start, I celebrate my destiny to find Coco, on January 3, 2012.  She has been the single biggest joy for all of 2012, and more than anything, the love and responsibility I feel for her has brought so much joy, and eliminated the loneliness I sometimes feel inside.

And secondly, deep into the second half of 2012, I feel I have found that companion I've always been searching for in my life, Sarah.  I seem so aligned with at all levels:  mentally, physically, and spiritually, and the basis of our relationship is built on a real friendship that is never easy to find.  I was able to experience three amazing trips with her thus far, and I am so looking forward to building on that into 2013...

On the other end of the spectrum, its  been disappointing, primarily in the areas of my career.  Shorthand had started in late 2006 as an emerging startup with a vision to serve market that I had built so much passion for.  It has become a money bleeding venture, one in which the changing vision is quickly affecting my motivation to continue with them in the same operating capacity that I have been.  Entering 2013, i am struggling to determine the next steps take in my growing career.  I have a feeling of being lost and I struggle with the anxiety raised from the unknown.  Most important, I am leaning towards wanting to continue to build on the foundation of my sales career through my own company, while at the same time, exploring side ideas - one being to find a way to bring Indo-Fusion foods to the West. I also know that I have a long term vision of wanting to help in doing something for the greater good of humanity and/ or the environment, and seeking ways to make time for bootstrapping a small initiative with an NGO there, with the help of Sarah.

Aside from the positives and negatives, I am grateful for once again living mostly a healthy year without any serious injury, though late December did bring about a neck sprain which directly made me realize the importance of not only muscle fitness, but also posture and yoga, which I plan to incorporate into my 2013 plan.  

I am also grateful for a loving family that continues  to always be there, always so unconditionally.  That said, my relationship with my father continues to be a very complex one, its as if two very hot minded individuals whom both mean so much good, can't seem to have a respectable approach towards confrontations and debate.  To that, being the son, I must learn to respect my father, and spend more time listening and contemplating the messages he tries to convey.I am also grateful and hopeful to see my brother growing, and his passion evolving.  My hopeful financial success will give him indirect support knowing that  he can always fall back and depend on me, as he tries to pave his own path.  

And in thinking this year, I though to myself, how do I simplify my resolutions to all but a mere few, but it is very tough.  So I decided to do short term seasonal goals as opposed to one large list of yearly goals- which tends to get to ambitious.

Stay tuned...

Raj


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home