Saturday, January 12, 2013

Happy Birthday!

Dear Dad,

I had a good time watching the movie with you today.  And again wanted to wish you a happy birthday.

As I look back at 2012, generally it was a very good year for me.  The best thing about it was getting Coco, but there was much more....  I know professionally its been a bit challenging for me with Shorthand, but these things happen, and I'm sure I'll find a new path soon.

I wanted to write this brief note because I felt that things got a little bit tense with us towards the end of the year, working on the business for Frank.  Looking back, I realize that I still tend to react and really don't consider your perspective enough.

One of my goals going into this year is to really trying to spend more effort on focusing more and reacting less, especially to those ideas contradictory to my own.  I know I'm very confident about my intuitive nature, even with little justification, but I realize many times I can be wrong or perhaps take a longer approach to solving a problem.  I'm  also realizing that you have had so many wonderful experiences and adventures in your own life that its absolutely in my best interest to listen more, contemplate and try to understand your perspective.  To remind myself that your ideas are only in the best interest to make life easier for me...

So today, on your birthday, I wanted to reassure you about this approach that I will strive for.  I know I will be far from perfect, in fact there will likely be more times you will be frustrated with my actions, reactions, and viewpoints.  Hopefully though, you won't doubt my intentions.

I've also noticed and that over the years that your patience with me has improved over the years, and your temperment has definately reduced.  You have changed for the better, and even at this stage of your life, I feel this change will reap you huge benefits.

Regardless of anything else though, I never want any business or financial discussion to interfere with our personal relationship.  We all do have great compatibility, and can contribute for the greater good of all of us, but not at the expense of disrepectful arguments and unease.

I'm especially excited and look forward to supporting you in your food ideas and am very excited to see the growth of the Jamun trees, and the potential it has.  Your relentless effort in the yard is definitely paying off, and your hard work there doesn't ever go unnoticed.  Hopefully this year will lead to new innovative ideas around that business, one which I can play a supporting role in.

And I also hope that you continue to travel and enjoy these next few years at a personal level, travelling with mom.  You both deserve it!

I also have a lot of new things to look forward to, and not even sure if I'll be in San Diego for too long, but I look forward to sharing my experiences and adventures of 2013 with you.

Have a happy birthday!  

Your loving son,
Rajal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home