Saturday, February 20, 2010

Just an honest guy...

I just heard about a AUTO DRIVER that did a random act of kindness. The reason I decided to blog about this wasn't because its just another act of kindness, which would be easy for someone like you or I to do, but it was really extraordinary to see this type of act done by someone like an Auto Rickshaw driver, who probably has absolutely no time for doing anything aside from earning a living...

Here is an email excerpt from my friend:

...Ok, glad to know that you got the wallet back.

This auto guy - made my day yesterday-saturday
and was truly a hero (even if he did it, expecting
a reward/gift from you for restoring the wallet).

Honest, and going out of the way many ways -
searching for your contacts, and amazingly,
he said, he was hanging around at the place
where you boarded the auto, hoping that
he would run into you there.

Straight thinking -
After an hour of hearing this, after sending you
email, trying to contact Siva/Deva thinking
that they may have your number,
I called the auto driver for the status,
and he said he was still waiting for you at your
boarding point. I even said, he could drop
off the wallet, if he wants, in my office address
in the business card, but he immediately replied
(correctly) that he was thinking of handing it
over the nearest police station, and that he
could not give it at any contact, since
he may not know the nature of the contact.

Heroes like him, seem to be still available in
this world.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous chocolitcookie said...

Its so gud to hear such things... i mean to know that theres still many honest ppl out there... how nice and reassuring!!
Hey wat city was this though??
xxx :)
x

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Still ppl are good and nice.A small example.Had a maid last year for domestic chores whom I asked to quit as I was having some issues with her.Her mother still works at my home and she is not able to come these days.Now her daughter is taking care of her mother's tasks voluntarily and doing all the additional chores as well to my shock which her mother was not doing.

Regards,
Monica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home