Monday, December 14, 2009

Trash on the Streets- DEC 9

UPDATE (DEC 13): After talking to my friend, I did realize I might be justifying throwing trash on the streets, and I am ABSOLUTELY NOT going to start littering on the streets because of this :)

DEC 9:

So today my friend Valerie explained why people throw their trash all over the streets here in India. Apparently, the trash-can system won't work easily because there is no cleaning system in place, and if nobody picks up and collects the trash in a timely manner, there will be insect infestaion and chance of germs, and major inhygiene. Also, beggers on the street will go through the trash which will cause even more problems... So actually throwing food on the streets is more hygenic and at this point, could be considered a better option.

The point...one shuldnt make assumptions or take something for face value. I have always complianed about this "litering aspect" of india, but now that I have been explained the logic behind it, it actually makes sense. Never make assumptions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home