Friday, December 04, 2009

The Part I Hate About India..

Ugh...really pissed today! Here is a letter I wrote to the management of my Service Apartment..
When will India realize the benefit of good customer service?!
-----------------------

Mr. Elavarasu,

I was expecting your call back a few days back, but you never did call back. Please do return my calls, texts, or at least let me know that you are tied up and when you will get back. I apologize for discussing my monthly rent rate with Mr. Pandey. I simply mentioned I was getting complimentary breakfast and my monthly rate that I am paying. I never broke that down into a daily calculation, so he obviously did the same and apparently didn’t even include the tax charge. Regardless, I will be more careful, given you set different prices for different customers. Again, my apologizes on this.


On a separate note, I really don’t appreciate the customer service by Anitha. As you know, I’ve paid for an entire month and continuing my stay after Dec 12th. I simply asked if I could store one piece of luggage in the extra “gym” room, and Anitha immediately indicated there would be charges for that. How could the management be so inconsiderate as to charge extra, given its such a small request and I’ve paid so much. Additionally, I am aware that the other guests that are temporarily away from the place are allowed to store their luggage. The policy should be the consistent for everyone.


Honestly, I think you need to teach Anitha good customer service by providing a bit more generosity and goodwill gestures when dealing with customers directly, especially in dealing with foreigners who are used to GOOD customer service. Even in the past, I have not appreciated dealing with her directly. She seems VERY inexperienced in customer service. I’ve never been asked anywhere that I must pay “extra” to store an additional baggage for just a few days, especially if I am returning! It didn’t even seem like she was willing to consider a goodwill gesture, which is very surprising and makes Simplevent organization seem very greedy and penny-wise foolish.


Just so you know, just today, I referred a friend to stay at your apartment, so trying to refer business your way. I was also planning to extend my stay past January, but sometimes I feel unnerved when I encounter these situations like I did today.


That said, I will move my bag and store it at a friend’s home. I will be checking out tomorrow morning and returning on the 12th as discussed.


Thank You.

1 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger S & S said...

So what happened? Did the manager respond back? That's bogus, man. I can't imagine why people would want to squeeze every cent out of a dollar. But I think that's how many of us are wired in some ways. BTW, when did you start blogging??!!

- Shasank

 

Post a Comment

<< Home