Thursday, December 06, 2018

Small Advice with Huge Impact, on this beautiful day in Nehru Park

Small Advice with Huge Impact, on this beautiful day in Nehru Park December 6, 2018

Today I was finally inspired to write again after a wonderful experience I encountered, after a very long hiatus.  

I frequently visit Nehru Park in Delhi, one of my favorite destination spots for morning, afternoon walks with my dog Coco.  Usually as part of a new outdoor workout routine, I walk around on a rock- based loop path for natural acupuncture-like therapy, deep inside the park.  As I look down on this walking the path, I always find moving along extremely slow, as I painstakingly traverse step-by-step, enduring the pain, as the sharp rock laid upon the ground, feels as if it’s penetrating the skin on the soles of my feet.

Today was different.  

An older gentleman wearing a suit, sitting in a nearby bench by the path, approached me as he saw me agonizing walking the path.  “Look up” he said with sternness. “Focus on the end, move fast and never look down at the rocks.”

So I tried it.  

To my astonishment, he was absolutely right!  Looking down at the rocks as I walked, not only amplified the painful feeling but also really slowed my down.  The moment I shifted my focus to the end point in space with a goal of finishing the loop in my mind, I noticed myself moving much faster and surprisingly mitigating the the painful feeling.  It was a pretty amazing transformation within my mind!

I went on to thank this gentleman, who I found out had built a lifelong career as a photographer for conferences and events, seemingly at an age of retirement.  I also reflected internally after that experience and realized there was a much deeper lesson of life buried in this simple advice he provided for walking the path.  

Aiming for your goals and dreams will quickly overshadow most obstacles and difficulties one encounters in the path of life. So, stop worrying about the small things of life and focus on the big picture, the end goal, always…

A HUGE lesson learned, from some simple advice given by this nice gentleman, on this beautiful day, in Nehru Park.

Natural Acupuncture Path, Nehru Gardens, Delhi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home