Saturday, September 04, 2010

2 Random Acts of Kindness!

I always get this tinglee'ish feeling in me whenever I experience a random act of kindness...

Story 1:

Just the other day, I had to take in our car for an oil change at this small "mom and pop" service center in San Diego. As usual, when I arrived the other day, the friendly staff were more than happy to give me a ride to the local Starbucks while my car was being serviced!!! Who in this day and age actually gives a customer a ride wherever he wants to go when his car is getting serviced..not many I'd imagine, in a big city like San Diego :)

Anyhow, the day passed on, I was working away at Starbucks, my car was being tuned up...Finally around 2PM, I called, and they told me the car was ready. The mechanic picked me up, and I was on my way back to the service center.

When I arrived back, I went to the counter, to pay my bill, and as I pulled out my credit card, the manager, who was sitting down, said, "Oh, honestly I haven't entered your information into the computer yet....so ....DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!" "Don't worry about WHAT?" I thought to myself and looked at him in stark astonishment. "Just ..don't worry about it,...he said again....Astonished, I realized that the work they had done on my car, wasn't going to be charged...TOTALLY FREE! At that moment, I felt that tinglish feeling up and down my spine..I couldn't believe it......

Thinking about it some more, it was actually a really smart move...the work they did could not have amounted to much...but by doing what they did, these secured a customer for life!

Story 2:
I was up in Hollywood, Ca hanging out with a friend for the day, on a hiking adventure at Griffith Observatory. That day lasted through midnight. That night, I had booked a hotel online in Hollywood to stay at , since I DID not want to drive home. When I reached the hotel, around 1AM, the manager looked at me with a frown :( "Um, I'm sorry sir, but SOMEHOW, there has been huge mistake, and your room was given up " .... I wasn't happy about the situation, because there were NO other hotels in the area available. Anyhow, after the manager spoke with the owner, they obviously refunded my booking..however, here is the kicker..

They gave me $30 CASH as compensation for my inconvenience plus a 20% discount the next time I stay with them!! Now that was another RANDOM act of kindness.

This is the kind of stuff that makes you really appreciate and understand what America is all about!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home