Monday, May 02, 2011

Bonding..

Yesterday was just another beautiful and amazing day in San Diego. And in the late morning, as I was driving back home from an errand I had to run, I noticed something in my neighborhood which I've noticed for quite some time now. Near my house, on the windy roads that lead back to our home, there is a small pond....a small pond that really seems out of place as there is nothing but dry road and trees everywhere..And every so often as I drive past that pond, I notice a man with his young son. Both are equipped with fishing rods, nets, boots, hats... the whole deal, as if they are in the middle of Lake Arrowhead, fishing away on a row boat...

The first time I saw these two, I thought it was quite funny seeing these two fishing in what any other person would feel is an absolute ridiculous place to consider fishing,,just a small puddle of water in the middle of this asphalt paved surface.....But as time went on, and as I consistently saw these two, I found it quite peculiar and somewhat touching, seeing this man and his son, not once but, time and time again...fishing, without any hesitation.

So yesterday, on my way back home, as I drove past that pond, I saw them again. And this time, I pulled my car to the curb, opened my window..and smiled at them. "I just wanted to tell you that its very nice to see you guys every so often fishing away out here", I said. The man looked back at me, smiling, "Thanks, ya, its just something we like doing"...

And as I drove off, it really brightened that moment..thinking, that this was not at all about fishing..it was about a father bonding with his son..

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Raj said...

Love your blog!!

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger S & S said...

Very nice, man. You wouldn't be the kind've person that you are had you not stopped to talk to them ;).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home