Sunday, April 03, 2011

01/16/2010 - The feeling of India

0/16/2010
Sat Oct 16

Well, I have finally arrived back in Chennai, after about a six month haitus in the states.
I felt like writing a quick note as my jet-lag has set in, and I'm not in the mood to sleep.

It was a long 18 hour journey, nothing to eventful on the flight. But as I boarded my
cab to get to the hotel, all the nostalgia that I left with, quickly came back..
The smell, the sounds,the noise, the people....even at 2AM in the morning, it all definately
was very familiar.

I was thinking, in the cab ride, there is a sort of energy that resurrects in me, the minute I step foot
in India soil. Its a youthful and dynamic energy...something I don't feel as strongly
as in my home country. Perhaps it was landing in Chennai..I'm pretty used to it here now,
I almost have a system set up. Looking back around 3 years ago, the first time I came here,
I was pretty much clueless about this place, a true foreigner. Now, to the contrary,
I have lists of friendsthat I have made that I look forward to catching up with, andnd I am quite familiar/ comfortable
with this city in general...

Its going to be an action packed 2 months with most of my energy being focused towards my work.
There could finally be some light at the end of the tunnel with some large partner launches here
in India..mostly opportunties of which I started over a year ago...

I have felt strongly about the potential of Shorthand in this market for a long time now..
time to make these idealistic thoughts turns into reality...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home